The upshot of having a foul-mouthed, impulsive, ignorant, bigoted, narcissistic, delusional, dishonest, belligerent, autocratic, nepotistic, spiteful, small-minded, sentence-mangling, incest-fantasizing, climate-denying, pussy-grabbing charlatan in the Oval Office is the fierce resistance he’s awakened. One of the many downsides, however, is that political discourse has been poisoned, such that even ordinarily kind and decent people can’t help but make cutting statements like the one above. There’s another way…
Powerful Non-Defensive Communication Workshops for Resisters
I’m organizing communication workshops for people who want to talk to voters in swing districts (or who have a Trump-sympathizing family member they’ve been avoiding since November). The workshops feature the one and only Sharon Ellison, creator of Powerful Non-Defensive Communication. Workshop participants say they loved the material, that they would put it to use in their personal lives and that it made them feel much more confident about their ability to engage in productive dialogue with Trump supporters (versus running screaming from the room). Click here for an example of one of the workshops.
Please fill out this form if you’d like to attend a PNDC workshop in your area.
Check out these badass efforts to save democracy:
Working America (grassroots movement-building in swing districts)
Whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday (daily chaos digest)
Swing Left (flipping swing districts to (hopefully) progressive Democrats)
National Popular Vote (down with the electoral college)
Fair Vote (make every vote count, including votes for third party candidates)
Black Lives Matter
People’s Climate Movement
Think green, write green, live green
No matter who’s in the White House, if we don’t start treating the planet like it’s the only one we’ve got, we’re screwed.
Here are some of my favorite web sites and groups that will help you understand what’s at stake and what you can do about it.
- The Story of Stuff (a 20-minute video that will rock your world)
- Earth Island Journal (environmental news from the front lines)
- www.350.org (climate change)
- Regeneration International (regenerative agriculture and carbon storage sequestration)
- Center for Biological Diversity (preserving habitat for endangered species, including us)
- Seafood Watch (find out which fish are safe to eat)
- www.freecycle.org (swap stuff you (don’t) need)
- Charles Eisenstein (out-of-the-box musings on nature and the human condition)