Think green, write green, live green.
After years of writing about environmental issues, I’ve come to the inescapable conclusion that, if we don’t start treating the planet like it’s the only one we’ve got, we’re screwed.
Here are some of my favorite web sites and groups that will help you understand what’s at stake and what you can do about it.
- The Story of Stuff (a 20-minute video that will rock your world)
- Earth Island Journal (environmental news from the front lines)
- www.350.org (climate change)
- Regeneration International (regenerative agriculture and carbon storage sequestration)
- Center for Biological Diversity (preserving habitat for endangered species, including us)
- Seafood Watch (find out which fish are safe to eat)
- www.freecycle.org (swap stuff you (don’t) need)
- Charles Eisenstein (out-of-the-box musings on nature and the human condition)